Dallas Independent School District
- Foster real-world learning experiences according to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, and the educational needs and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom culture that is welcoming, positive, and devotes most of the time to instruction rather than discipline.
- Plan, prepare, and teach lessons that fulfill the requirements of the district’s computer science curriculum.
- Drive outstanding student achievement for all students in your classroom and support colleagues in driving student achievement school-wide.
- Build knowledge by attending professional development.
- Utilize a wide variety of teaching methods to create differentiated opportunities for deep understanding for all learners, including students with special needs.
- Assess, record, and report on development, progress, and behavior of students, issuing grades, progress reports, and report cards.
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students’ progress and report to parents as needed and required.
- Collaborate with the school staff in providing students with academic and social support attending meetings as needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
- Five years of directly related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Knowledge of hardware and software related to computer science.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest developments in the profession.