Goldfish Swim School
This position is based on specific shift availability. Please see below before applying to this position.
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout out awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Must possess the ability to work one of the following set shifts below.
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
- Must have be willing to obtain a Lifeguard Certificate
- Must have dedicated means of transportation to/from work
Job Title: Swim Instructor (by Shift)
Must have availability to work ONE of the following shifts to be considered:
Shift #1 (~11 hours per week)
Wednesday 3:45pm – 8:00pm (~4.15 hours)
Friday 3:45pm – 6:45pm (~3 hours)
Sun 9:45am – 1:15pm (~3.5 hours)
Shift #2 (~12.5 hours per week)
Tuesday 3:45pm – 8:00pm (~4.15 hours)
Thursday 3:45pm – 8:00pm (~4.15 hours)
Saturday 8:45am – 12:45pm. (~4.0 hours)
Opportunities to pickup additional hours/shifts as they become available.
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
- Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
College experience or High School Graduate preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider required. Swimming experience is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
CPR, AED and First Aid certification required or must be obtained with in 30 day of employment.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Key words: Swim; Swimming; Trainer; Counselor; Camp; Nanny; Baby Sitting; Entry Level; High school; college; Coach; children; kids; pool; safety; swim lessons; instructor; summer job; after school; lifeguard; Ellis; Red cross; front desk; teaching; teacher; side gig; baby sitter; child care; flexible hours;