At NYOS Charter School, we educate the whole student. We foster a collegial Pre-K 12 program that challenges each learner with rigorous academics, innovative strategies, and expectations for civic engagement.
This position is for secondary math special education instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Valid Texas 8-12 Math Teaching Certificate
- Valid Special Education Teaching Certificate
- Demonstrate competency in the core academic subject assigned
- Texas ESL certification preferred
Professional Responsibilities and Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet professional criteria and obligations
- Prepare classroom, materials and lesson plans and implement research-based instructional practices
- Observe, evaluate, remediate and extend on students’ academic performance, behavior, and social development
- Identify, modify and adapt curriculum and approved instructional resources to meet various learning styles and needs of students
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods to instruct students individually, in small groups, and as a whole class
- Monitor students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, study trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements and from recommendations made by the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee
- Develop and implement IEPs in accordance with assessment and ARD Committee recommendations
- Utilize efficient record-keeping procedures
- Meet and confer with parents and guardians to discuss student progress
- Work closely with related service personnel and classroom teachers to ensure that services and modifications for students with disabilities are implemented as appropriate
- Communicate and confer effectively both orally and in written form with students, parents, colleagues, and administration
- Administer standardized achievement and ability tests as required
- Enforce NYOS Charter School rules and policies
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement.
- Use interactive aids and technology to supplement and support lessons
- Keep up-to-date with current educational issues
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated
- Exemplify through manner, words, and dress the high standards and expected behavior of the school
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
This job operates in a school environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
NYOS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability
- Participation in the Texas Teachers Retirement System
- 403b plan
- 457 retirement plan
- 8 days Paid Time Off
- A culture of continuous learning with opportunities for professional development
Fingerprinting and background checks are mandatory for all applicants.
NYOS Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability, in hiring or providing education or access to benefits of educational services, activities, and programs. The Executive Director has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements of Title IX. The Director of Special Services has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Both can be reached at 12301 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78753, 512-583-6967.
NYOS Charter School https://nyos.applicantpro.com
with our quick 3 minute Application!