The responsibility of the BOCES 4 Science Resource Teacher is to assist the BOCES 4 Science Director in the implementation and coordination of the BOCES 4 Science Program.
Curriculum Development: * Revise science activities, materials and units as needed.
- Develop new science activities and materials.
- Safety test new activities and materials.
Inservice: * Propose and/or conduct inservice courses and workshops as needed or requested.
- Share information with teachers about developments in elementary science education.
- Teach demonstration lessons as requested.
Community Relations: * Promote parent and community involvement in the BOCES 4 Science Program.
- Serve as a liaison with scientific, technical and educational organizations.
- Assist teachers in the development of news articles for publications.
Professional Growth: * Visit other science programs and science centers to gain knowledge of skills, concepts, activities and materials.
- Read professional publications.
- Attend local, state and national conventions and meetings.
Perform additional related duties or responsibilities assigned by the Director of BOCES 4 Science.
Please apply online at:
Please refer to above Required Application Type to complete before applying.