Spring Education Group
The Preschool Science Specialty Teacher/floater will report directly to the San Bruno campus each day and will serve as a science teacher for several classrooms per week. The person selected for this position will also be responsible to serve as a floater and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the principal as needed.
This person must be a fully qualified preschool teacher and must meet all of Stratford’s qualifications for preschool teacher.
- Teach Preschool Science
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to:
- Parent/Student Orientation
- Winter Programs
- Spring Open House
- Student Back-to-School Night
- Parent Workshops
- Parent Conferences
- Regularly maintain a classroom bulletin board displaying student artwork.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the director and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the director.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
Educational background with early childhood units shall include 12 semester or 18 quarter courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity.
Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.