University of Texas at Arlington
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on , and .
The Marketing Communications role will be responsible for strategy development and implementation of internal and external (not student) communication programs that will enhance and support the Aramark brand at CPS. The position will implement internal communications to inform, engage, educate employees while building advocacy for the company and brand. The Communications position will also be responsible for external communications with clients, community constituents in accordance with the education CPS strategy, as well as coordination with Corporate Communications and Public Affairs to field media inquiries.
The position requires collaboration with K-12 senior leadership, cross-functional team members, channel growth, operations, vendors, partners and local agencies, and enterprise communications, branding teams and other third parties such as vendors and agencies.
Specific job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Employee Communications: Develop an annual internal communications plan to enhance B2E communications and drive employee advocacy. Support CPS RVP in planning, development and execution all written communications and videos. Develop, refine, execute and oversee content development for all existing vehicles for internal communications including but not limited to RVP monthly messages, other employee communication, email protocols and workload improvement initiatives. Develop key communications, presentations and scripting/presentation notes. Oversee content and implementation of business unit meetings, videoconferences, and events. Work with both Aramark CPS human resources and labor relations to ensure compliance to Aramark & CPS guidelines in all communications.
- Communications Plan/Strategy: In collaboration with the Education Sector communications team, develop and manage a comprehensive client / constituent (principals, employees, teachers, parents, community leaders, school administration) communications plan to include newsletters, monthly-joint-review templates, annual review template and process. This is to include content strategy, distribution, tracking and measurement.
- Success Stories/Best Practices: Working closely with Aramark CPS functional leaders and area managers, set-up a process to systematically and periodically capture best practices, successes, innovative programs and other efforts to generate awareness and advocacy for Aramark & CPS in the marketplace. Develop plans to share these through client communication tools (newsletters and MJRs) and via other channels such as social media, and website.
- Relationship Development and Support: Collaborate with senior CPS leadership in the documentation of Aramark success stories and achievements for retention efforts. Provide strategic direction for driving client advocacy that aligns with our value proposition. Collaborate with the B2B Marketing Directors and VP on projects, materials, speaking engagement presentations, and other thought leadership projects designed to communicate the Aramark brand and value proposition at CPS and in the Chicago area. Work in collaboration with the sector and enterprise Corporate Communications and local community engagement team to develop plans for additional advocacy. Support development of CPS case studies, client/key constituent testimonials, best practices, innovation stories, and other information in support of the communications plan.
- Field Communications Tools/Templates: Develop, implement, and continuously improve operator communications templates to use with clients, client constituents and campus/district communities. Ensure the alignment of the tools with sector messaging and enterprise brand standards.
Presentations/Meetings: Work with CPS senior leadership and K-12 senior team to script written and verbal communications internally and externally as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and/or B2B communications.
- PR, Marketing and/or Corporate Communications experience.
- Superb writing skills are required.
- Microsoft proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel is a requirement
- PR experience is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Education and/or services marketing experience a plus.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment within a matrix organization.
- Experience managing multiple projects on a tight deadline.
- Experience in design programs is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s Degree preferred