Education Service Center Region 11
- Instructional Specialist – Leadership Academy Network (LAN) 2021-2022 School Year JobID: 4724
- Position Type:
Professional Support: Campus/Specialist
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
To Be Determined
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Fort Worth ISD
Instructional Specialist-Leadership Academy Network (LAN) 2021/2022 School Year Pool
Reports to: Principal
Pay Grade: 604
Salary Range: $65,192 – $79,611
Duty Days: 210
This may be grant-funded position
Assists the principal and manages instructional support for students and teachers to narrow the achievement gap; serves as the leader for teachers in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and planning to increase teacher effectiveness and drive student achievement; develops and leads campus professional development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists with the academic day-to-day operation; schedules students; oversees the academic advising and college counseling programs; monitors student achievement progress; coordinates the instructional efforts of the department heads.
- Provides professional development for the development of innovative instructional programs; supports effective instruction through demonstration lessons/instructional assistance.
- Attends instructional planning meetings for content teams and provides input regarding effective instructional techniques.
- Fosters collegiality and team building among staff members; supports active involvement in the decision-making process.
- Takes a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to ensure attainment of the school’s academic success.
- Participates in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
Professional Learning Community
- Develops a weekly focus for the administration team for walkthroughs; prepares walkthrough data and provides feedback to the administrative team on professional development needs.
- Establishes professional development opportunities that support new teacher growth and development; ensures new teachers develop the effective use of the curricula and lesson planning; coaches new teachers in classroom management and evaluative practices.
- Assists with regular faculty and department meetings; provides opportunities for peer evaluation, and analyzes instructional and assessment data for the purpose of improving teaching and learning; uses data to develop campus-wide strategies for intervening with at-risk students.
- Articulates the school’s mission to the community and solicits its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrates awareness of school-community needs and initiates activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Personal Work Relationships
- All Fort Worth ISD employees must maintain a commitment to the District’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Exhibits high professionalism, standards of conduct and work ethic.
- Demonstrates high quality customer service; builds rapport/relationship with the consumer.
- Demonstrates cultural competence in interactions with others; is respectful of co-workers; communicates and performs as a team player; promotes teamwork; responds and acts appropriately in confrontational situations.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs all job-related duties as assigned and in accordance with Board rules, policies and regulations. All employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and education pedagogy, as well as differentiation of instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of best practices in administration, program evaluation and staff supervision.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education, as well as district policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement plans in all areas of the instructional program.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to make decisions about teaching and learning including student and teacher assessment.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, community, and stakeholders.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical & Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer and peripherals; instructional equipment including Promethean Board.
- Posture: Prolonged sitting and standing; occasional stooping, squatting, kneeling, bending, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Motion: Frequent repetitive hand motions, including keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Exerting: Frequently exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exert up to 30 pounds of force.
- Environment: Works in an office setting; may require occasional irregular and/or prolonged hours; occasional districtwide and statewide travel.
- Attendance: Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
- Mental Demands: Maintains emotional control under stress; works with frequent interruptions.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Certification/License: Valid Texas Teaching Certification.
- Experience: 3 years’ successful teaching experience; experience in inner-city schools with diverse population.
This may be grant-funded position
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.