University of Texas at Austin
At NYOS Charter School, we educate the whole student. We foster a collegial Pre-K 12 program that challenges each learner with rigorous academics, innovative strategies and expectations for civic engagement.
This position is for High School Science (Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, AP Chemistry, Astronomy)
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate required
- Demonstrate competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Texas ESL certification preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare classroom, materials and lesson plans and implement research based instructional practices
- Observe, evaluate, remediate and extend on students’ academic performance, behavior and social development
- Identify, modify and adapt curriculum and approved instructional resources to meet various learning styles and needs of students
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods to instruct students individually, in small groups, and as a whole class
- Monitor students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, study trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Implement and maintain effective classroom management to ensure continual progress of students
- Utilize data to monitor learning and design lessons tailored to student needs
- Establish standards-based objectives for all lessons and utilize clear criteria for evaluating lessons
- Utilize efficient record keeping procedures
- Communicate with parents and guardians to discuss student progress
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, including Special Education staff, in support of student achievement goals and professional development
- Meet professional criteria and obligations
- Administer standardized achievement and ability tests as required
- Interpret student performance data and implement approved Response to Intervention Tiers 1, 2 and 3
- Enforce NYOS Charter School rules and policies
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement
- Use audiovisual aids, computers, and or other interactive technology to supplement and support lessons
- Keep up-do-date with current educational issues
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated
- Exemplify through manner, words, and dress the high standards and expected behavior of the school
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding information concerning students, parents, staff, and classroom incidents
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards and model behavior that is professional and responsible
- Participate in approved professional development to improve skills related to job assignment
- Follow NYOS standard procedures for communication, interaction, and discipline as outlined in the NYOS Staff Handbook
Work Environment: This job operates in a school environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical Demands: This position is very active and involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
NYOS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. We also provide a comprehensive package of benefits including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and Long-term disability
- Participation in the Texas Teachers Retirement System
- 403b and 457 investment plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- 8 days Paid Time Off
- Discounted Health Club Membership
- A culture of continuous learning with opportunities for professional development
Fingerprinting and background checks are mandatory for all applicants.
NYOS Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability, in hiring or providing education or access to benefits of educational services, activities, and programs. The Executive Director has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements of Title IX. The Director of Special Services has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Both can be reached at 12301 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78753, 512-583-6967.
NYOS Charter School https://nyos.applicantpro.com
with our quick 3 minute Application!