Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Who we are:
DRIVEN BY OUR COMMITMENTS, GUIDED BY OUR VALUES, In the simplest terms, our values come down to this: Do the Right Thing. The Right Way. This idea sets the standard for our fundamental commitments and core values and guides our daily actions and decisions. (Click Link below to read more)
Awards & Recognitions
From internal initiatives to caring for the environment, Waste Management is recognized time and time again for our achievements in safety, business practices, diversity and sustainability. (Click Link below to read more)
This position will be based in Ft. Worth, Tx and relocation will be offered for the right candidate
2pm – 12 midnight
What’s in it for you:
- You will inherit a great established Maintenance Team
- Ability to work and Partner directly with Senior and Executive Level Leadership
- Career Advancement
- Great Compensation and Benefits Package
- WM’s committed to maintenance excellence
Ideal Candidate will have:
- 5 years of experience Supervising Technicians (preferred)
- Ability to supervise up to 10 Technicans on the 2nd shift
- Experience working in a Large Fleet /Assets environment
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles
- Experience overseeing the coordination, planning/ scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity
- Experience with managing assets to include Trucks (Diesel and CNG), Containers, and machinery that supports the facility.
- Advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment (Preferred)
- Experience with maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
The 2nd Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for
- Providing direction, either directly or indirectly, to a group of technicians
- Planning and scheduling the repair work for his or her work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the shop.
- Ensuring that all repairs and maintenance to Waste Managements’ equipment, including trucks, containers and other heavy-duty equipment, are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety and maintenance standards,
- Understanding and compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to all technician levels, as well as the lead technicians, in the maintenance shop.
- Assign to his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed is a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity, while effectively managing the department’s overtime.
- Monitor the shop’s operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities as appropriate.
- Report to management on shop performance and implement procedures for process or programmatic changes for improvement for efficiencies.
- Manage lead technicians in the maintenance shop, to include such responsibilities as overseeing daily shop huddles; fleet walks; coaching and counseling lead technician on performance and corrective action, when necessary; make hiring and termination decisions.
- Oversee employee training and performance evaluation; evaluate, recommend and approve supervisor recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job change recommendations, as appropriate.
- Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program for assigned locations. Identify trends in road calls, break downs; oversee maintenance of the building and other facility on site; control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and issue resolution to ensure all works is properly completed and is in accordance with the Company’s safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions of heavy equipment and vehicles used by the company, on site and on the road
- Knowledge of Engine chassis repair and maintenance;
- Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to manage the maintenance and repair the vehicles
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to manage diagnosis and repair of complex heating and cooling systems in the vehicles in a timely and safe manner
- May require local travel.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and Microsoft Office
- Advanced Root Cause Problem Solving
- Effective and professional communications skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- High level of analytical skill to develop a range of possible solutions to address a wide range of issues
- Organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement
- Good financial management and planning skills; ability to understand financial terms, budgets, tables and reports.
- Ability to develop realistic, comprehensive plans to make efficient use of resources.
- Automotive Service Excellence T2 Diesel Engine, T Master Certified. T3 Drive T4 Brake T5 Suspension and Steering.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School
Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid driver’s license required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office and shop setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”